15 Slams, a loving wife, two baby girls and a private jet to carry them wherever he wants to go! Roger Federer, who was born 28 years ago on August 8, 1981 has everything money can and cannot buy. He doesn’t need anymore presents, so why don’t we celebrate the gifts Roger Federer has given to us?
I present my own 28 Gifts of Roger Federer (in no particular order)
1. Roger couldn’t do what Roger does without his Wilson racquet! (Enter our giveaway to win Roger’s racket)
2. The Forehand:
3. The Backhand:
4. The Movement:
5. A trick shot:
6. Without Rog, we wouldn’t know Mirka, who gives new meaning to “trophy wife”:
7. Two future Tennis Champs:
8. Best Trophy Moment Ever:
9. Another Good One:
10. This One, too:
11. Even this one wasn’t bad:
12. The HAIR (and the headband):
13. The Blazer (just ignore the pants):
14. The Practice Shirts:
(photo via Krist at rogerfederer.com)
15. The Hands:
16. The Rolex Ad Theme Song (yes I hum it in the shower):
17. Goofy Grin:
18. Goofiness in General:
19. Playing tennis in a suit!
20. Bringing Man Carpet back in style:
21. “All the people in BAH-SLE!” (Sorry, that’s an inside joke between my husband and me)
22. This one doesn’t need explanation:
23: Inspiring the best in history:
“Oh, I would be honoured to even be compared to Roger. He is such an unbelievable talent, and is capable of anything. Roger could be the greatest tennis player of all time.” – Rod Laver
24. Being one half of one of the Greatest Rivalries in sporting history.
25. Being a Good Role Model: “It’s nice to be important, but it’s most important to be nice.” – Roger Federer
26. Helping children in third world and developing nations through his foundation.
27. Forcing the competition to improve:
28. Making tennis beautiful again.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROGER!