The big “surprise” according to the ATP is that Roger Federer made an appearance at the ATP Dubai players party last night. From the video and photos, I think Roger looks a little sheepish – kind of like when you see your friends for the first time after a sloppy, drunken breakdown at a dive bar and everyone’s pretending it never happened (not that I would know. . .)
Here’s the video – my review follows.
Wow, there’s just so much to say:
1. Way too much belly dancing (who the heck cares?)
2. Way too few shots of a smoking hot Marat Safin. Hello! We only have 300 or so days left! Obviously a man is shooting this footage. . .
3. Sweet moment caught between Federer and Murray over the falcon – you can tell Andy’s thinking “Gosh, I hope he doesn’t start crying. . .”
4. That poor falcon. . .
5. Propaganda alert: “The tournament director is happy that so many of the top players have come to Dubai.” and “The tournament is getting better and better every year!” and “The players find the tournament to be a comfort zone.”
6. Roger Federer is Hugh Jackman tan – whoa, watch the wrinkles buddy. Perhaps he’s vying for a lifetime sponsorship with L’Oreal? That said, he does look pretty cute. . .
7. . . .as does Gilles Simon. (Love ya, Gilly!)
8. I like that Novak Djokovic enjoys a glass of wine with his dinner – the man obviously comes from the restaurant industry.
9. That blond belly dancer is sooooo hoping Marat asks for her phone number. Give it up, girlfriend, desperation is a turn off (as is jiggling your head around like a bobble head on a rollercoaster)
10. For a moment, I thought that last dancer in the black and white stripes was Mirka. Now that would be a surprise!
Video courtesy of the ATP