1. Roger in black.
2. the awesome players of the Red Group: Federer, Murray, Roddick and Simon.
3. the rising chorus of OOOHS and AHHHS from the Shanghai crowd as a point gets good.
4. Andy vs. Andy.
5. Mohamed Lahyani’s proactive umpiring – he really is the gold standard.
6. ridiculously long rallies between Simon and Federer, angling the ball around the court like they’re playing ping pong instead of tennis.
7. Judy Murray scouting matches for her son.
8. watching Roddick leave it all on the court.
9. Murray returning Roddick’s serve halfway between the service and baselines.
10. having a week of great tennis ahead!
1. Roger LOSING! (It’s not looking good for him now, considering that Andy Murray is a souped up version of Gilles Simon.)
2. Justin Gimelstob in the commentary booth (confirming my suspicions about FSN’s low standards.)
3. TAPED MATCHES!!!
4. worrying about Roger’s back.
5. fuzzy broadcast quality.
6. empty box seats (but the crowd’s still 300% better than Doha.)
7. Mirka chewing gum.
8. agreeing with Justin Gimelstob – Andy Murray is going to be the next No. 1 player in the world.
9. Fred Perry’s tennis clothing – as if Murray needs help looking drab
10. and, finally – ROGER LOSING!!!