Every time you think you know what’s going on, things get all mixed up. Oh well, we’re all just doing the best we can, right tennis fans?
The big news in terms of t.v. is that the women’s schedule has been pushed back a day because of rain delays. The medal matches will no longer be played on August 16 – instead it will be the semis. For now, I’d suggest keeping a close eye on nbcolympics.com, checking the general tennis listings and specifically USA, MSNBC and OXYGEN to get the most out of your TIVO.
Here’s the on court schedule for Saturday, August 16 with the first matches on each court starting at 4p.m. Beijing time (that’s 4a.m. EST for your live streaming pleasure.)
1. Li Na vs. Dinara Safina (semifinal)
2. James Blake vs. Novak Djokovic (BRONZE medal)
3. Federer/Wawrinka vs. Aspelin/Johansson (GOLD medal)
1. Vera Zvonareva vs. Elena Demenetieva (semifinal)
2. Bryan/Bryan vs. Clement/Llodra (BRONZE medal)
3. Yan/Zheng vs. Medina/Ruano (semifinal)
1. Williams/Williams vs. Bondarenko/Bondarenko (a sisters smackdown semifinal!)