Let’s all take a deep breath and say it together, now: “SH*T HAPPENS!”
(And no, I’m not talking about Roger’s stomach virus.)
Still not feeling any better? Here are seven more reasons Fed fans should step away from the Oxycoden:
1. Roger’s now made it to his 15th straight Major semi-final.
2. Roger’s performance Down Under clinched his No. 1 spot for the immediate future making is 209 weeks in a row. (Jimmy Connors holds the record for second-longest consecutive weeks at the top – at 160 weeks.)
3. Before last night’s loss, Roger was on a streak of 10 straight Major finals.
4. Since his first title at Wimbledon in 2003, Roger’s won 12 of the last 18 Majors.
5. The last person to win a slam other than Federer and Nadal was Marat Safin, who won the Australian Open in 2005 and beat Roger in the semis.
6. Bonnie D. Ford’s thoughtful (and comforting!) analysis of the situation.
7. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga – GO JO!