Okay, I took a longer break than planned, but like Martina H., I’m back and better than ever!
The 2007 Australian Open is A COMIN’ and there’s sooooo much to look forward to! I don’t care what Roger says, having the first major of the year in January is a real treat for us fans. I heard on npr a few weeks ago that looking at someone else’s face for an hour each morning can make you feel less depressed (even if you’re just staring at a talking head on the CNN). Well, watching a few tennis player’s faces (yeah, you know the ones I’m talking about!) in the depths of January is sure to be a cheering experience (yes, it’s 80 and sunny in L.A. today, but it’s still a gloomy winter in my soul.)
I’m looking for. . .
10) . . .my favorite reformed retiree Martina H. to make it to the semis, ideally a tight three-setter against Jankovic.
9) . . .Santoro to do something special, like beating Andy Murray. Could happen.
8) . . .Karolina Sprem to make it to the quarters. (This is why I have a blog)
7) . . .the lovely Ivanovic to brush off Maria Sharkanova
6) . . .Nadal with his shirt off
5) . . .a Nadal – Safin semi
4) . . .Darren Cahill to smarten up the commentary (I’m missing Brad Gilbert, I don’t care what the snobs say.)
3) . . .some sign from Serena that she still has it
2) . . .Jankovic hoisting a great big trophy above her head
1) . . .another Safin/Fed classic, but this time it’s for the championship. . .
The Fosters are chilling, the freezer’s stocked with TJ’s shrimp, and my Tivo is FIRED UP!!! Smack.